17th January 2018
So 2018 is now is full swing! (We hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a lovely time welcoming in the New Year!)
A new month means a new cake bag has been released and January’s theme is Doughnut Party!
So we’re kicking off the year with a recipe post for these delicious jam doughnut muffins!
I thought this was the perfect recipe to create something to demonstrate one of the products included in this months cake bag; the cupcake filler nozzle from JEM.
It’s the perfect tool for filling your cakes with anything from jam and curds to spreads!
To make these delicious treats; you will need:
– 175g/6oz butter, softened
– 200g/7oz caster sugar
– 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
– 375g/13oz plain flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– pinch of salt
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 250ml/9 fl oz milk
– 1 jar of strawberry jam (or favourite jam of your choice!)
– 100g/4oz butter; melted
– 100g/4oz caster sugar
– cupcake filler nozzle
– large piping bag
– 12 cup muffin pan
– Non-stick cooking spray
1) Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Grease the 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2) In a large bowl of a freestanding mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or large bowl using a handheld mixer; beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl using a spatula and add the eggs a little at a time beating well between additions until fully incorporated.
3) Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt and mix again. Then add the vanilla extract and mix once more.
4) Use an ice cream scoop to spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pan until you use up all the mixture (this recipe makes 12)
5) Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until lovely and golden. To check they are done, insert a cake tester, it should come out clean.
6) Meanwhile, cut off the end of a disposable piping bag and insert the cupcake filler nozzle and fill the bag with jam.
7) Remove the muffins from the oven and leave to cool in the tin a little before transferring to a wire rack.
8) Fill with the jam by inserting the nozzle half way into each muffin and squeeze in a little jam.
9) Use a pastry brush to brush the muffins all over with butter and roll in a bowl of caster sugar to coat.
Serve and enjoy!
We can’t wait to see what you create with this months cake bag! Don’t forget to shar with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using the hashtag #cakebagcreations. We love seeing what you make with the goodies inside!
Thirzah – Cakey Goodness xoxo