8th April 2018
If you signed up to April’s Magical Mermaid edition of Cake Bag, you will receive a selection of 3 types of sprinkles from Simply Topps.
These can be used individually to decorate your cakes or you can combine them to create a pretty Mermaid mix of sprinkles!
Perfect for sprinkling onto buttercream swirls on cupcakes:
or adding pretty toppings for drinks & hot chocolate!
Even though it’s Spring, it isn’t overly warm so I’m still enjoying hot chocolate! So in this post I thought I’d share a white hot chocolate recipe.
All you need to make one drink is:
– 1 cup of milk
– ¼ cup good quality white chocolate
– ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
– Food colouring (I used grape violet by Sugarflair gel colours. You can use whatever mermaid inspired colours you prefer)
– Handful mini marshmallows
– Squirty cream
– Sugar decorations to add to the mermaid them such as mermaid tails, seashells, starfish and seahorses
– Mermaid mix sprinkles
1) Place the milk, white chocolate and vanilla extract into a small saucepan. Stir continuously over a medium to low heat until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
2) Use a cocktail stick dipped in your chosen food colouring and add to the hot chocolate mix. Give it a good stir to distribute the colour.
3) Pour into cups or Kilner jars with handles (clear cups are ideal as you can see the pretty colour of your hot chocolate!)
4) Add mini marshmallows, top with squirty cream and decorate with your mermaid themed sugar decorations.
5) Scatter the mermaid sprinkle mix over the top and pop in a straw! Enjoy!
You can easily increase the quantities of ingredients to serve more people and also use different extracts such as peppermint or syrups; I love hazelnut!
We hope you enjoy this recipe! Don’t forget to share all your cakes and bakes using the contents of your Magical Mermaid Cake Bag with us on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter using the #cakebagcreations tag; we love seeing what you make!!
Thirzah – Cakey Goodness xoxo