22nd January 2018
Today I decided to make some Rice Krispy Treats; but these aren’t any old Rice Krispy Treats! These ones are packed full of Rainbow Sprinkles from Scrumptious!
We are big fans of the Sprinkletti range here at Cake Bag so included an 100g pouch of these gorgeous rainbow sprinkles in this months Doughnut Party edition.
Their mixes are so beautiful to look at and are perfect to adorn all your cakes and bakes!
If you want to have a go at making these treats, you will need:
– 25g/1oz unsalted butter
– 150g/6oz Marshmallows
– 4 Cups Rice Krispy cereal
– 50g Rainbow Sprinkletti (I used half the bag plus extra to sprinkle over the top)
1) In a large saucepan; melt the butter and marshmallows. Mix constantly until the marshmallows are fully melted and smooth.
2) Pour in the Rice Krispies and mix well over a low heat. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the rainbow sprinkletti.
3) Line a 9 inch square baking tin with foil and pour in the mixture. Using a spatula, spread the mix into the corners and to the edges of the tin until level. Sprinkle over some more rainbow sprinkletti and leave to set. You can place in the fridge for about half an hour to speed this up!
4) Once set, remove from the tin and peel away the foil. Place on a chopping board and use a large knife to cut into squares.
Serve and enjoy!
These are perfect for lunch boxes and even better served with a big mug of warming hot chocolate!
We hope you enjoy this no bake recipe! Don’t forget to share all your cakes and bakes with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using the hashtag #cakebagcreations. We love seeing all the delights you create using the contents of Cake Bag!
Thirzah – Cakey Goodness xoxo